This Policy covers information that you give us when you bid or purchase something from us or consign art work or other goods to us, register for or attend any of our live events around the world, visit or register for any of our New San Cai branded websites or apps, request a catalog, sign up for any of our print or online publications or newsletters or publish information on New San Cai pages on social media platforms. We will publish a link to the Policy at the bottom of online properties to which it applies and as often as possible, will include its URL on paper forms to which it is applicable.
How New San Cai collect information about you
Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow you to be identified. We will collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly (e.g. when you contact us), information we collect about you from other sources and information we collect automatically from you, as described below:
Information we collect directly from you
The categories of information that we collect directly from you are: Personal details (e.g., name, date of birth), contact details (e.g., phone number, email address, postal address), transaction information (e.g., bidding records, shipping details, information about items you purchase), limited financial information (e.g., tokenized payment information in connection with your purchases, wire instructions), username and password, and identification information.
We rely on the information you provide to us or that we collect or observe about your individual interactions with us. For example, if you attend a live event, participate in one of our auctions, become a client, or register online. If you have registered with us online, we use data collection technologies to collect information that indicates your individual interests in our websites, online platforms and apps, and your response to our emails and marketing campaigns.
Information we collect from other sources
We may add public information about you from external sources, including social media sites. The categories of info we collect about you from other sources are your public profile information, family relationships, and organizational affiliations. We may work to expand our customer base by acquiring names, contact data, financial information, affiliations, and demographic information from other sources such as private companies, public registers, and social media sites. We may also generate information such as appraisals, profiles, and a history of our relationships with you based on the information you have provided or that we have obtained from other sources.
We may make video recordings of our auctions, gallery spaces, and certain live events.
Information we collect automatically
We may use common data collection technologies as you visit our websites or apps or interact with our emails:
– Our logs gather date, time, information about your browser and system or device configuration, information about how you interact with our digital properties, and an IP address for all visitors to our sites. We use this information for our internal security purposes, for trend analysis and system administration, and to gather general information about our audiences and their geographic locations.
– In general, our app will funnel data you provide about yourself. For example, registration or bidding data, back to our data bases and systems. An app may however, rely on other data collection technologies to recognize the device you use for viewing and personalize your experience. If our app relies on additional data collection technologies that collect or use data about individual users, we will include additional notice either within the app or in a policy that accompanies it.
– We also use and allow certain other companies to use technologies that are similar to cookies (for example pixels and gifs) when we send you emails. This helps support the delivery of Internet-based content and advertisements to you.
The way we analyse personal information for advertising and marketing purposes and for client development, risk assessment, or fraud prevention may involve profiling, which means that we may process your personal information using software that is able to evaluate your personal aspects and predict risks or outcomes. For example, we may use the information we collect (e.g., bidding information, browsing history, and consignment history) to infer your interests. And we may use those inferences to support automated decisions about the content, recommendations, and offers we present to you on our digital properties. We may use automated tools to flag for further review suspicious activities associated with our digital services (e.g., multiple logins from different locations within a short period of time or activities associated with suspicious IP addresses). These automated activities will not, in themselves, have legal or similar effects for you.
How New San Cai uses information about you
New San Cai uses data about you for the following purposes:
– manage and assure the integrity of our auctions.
– fulfill your orders, facilitate consignments, provide the services, publications, catalogs, and information you request, and manage your account, enquiries and requests and to manage your relationship with us.
– send you information about upcoming events and content that you may be interested in.
– improve and personalize our website and services.
– match online ads to your interests, arrange for New San Cai and other companies’ ads to reach you after you have left our sites, and help advertisers show you ads that are more relevant to your interests.
– expand our online audiences.
– provide, maintain, and protect our digital offerings.
– protect against risk of fraud by clients.
– protect and defend our rights and property, you, or third parties.
– comply with legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies.
– use information for any other purpose that we tell you about specifically when you register or provide data about yourself to us.
When New San Cai may disclose information that identifies you
New San Cai may disclose or transfer data that identifies you to other companies or entities only as follows:
– business partners and vendors that work on our behalf to provide services such as item shipments, mailings, customer account and technology support, secure payment processing, fraud prevention, digital marketing management, and data storage.
– our online partners.
– consigners and others as needed to facilitate a consignment.
– organizations we partner with to host events.
– other companies affiliated with New San Cai for marketing, business development purposes and internal reporting.
– law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal process or in our discretion, unless otherwise prohibited by law, to protect human safety, our rights, or the rights of others.
– meet certain legal compliance requirements for example, under AML (anti-money laundering) laws, or customs laws and regulations.
– part of a sale, merger, liquidation, or transfer of our business assets.
– disclose information about you to companies not affiliated with New San Cai.
You have a choice about and control over:
– receiving marketing messages from us. We may contact you by email, text, or SMS messaging.
– visiting New San Cai’s Preference Pages to let us know what information you would like us to send to you and your preferred means of delivery.
– you may also stop email marketing by using the “opt out,” or “unsubscribe” mechanism at the bottom of our email marketing messages. In most cases, we will give you a choice about stopping just one kind of email or opting out of all email marketing from us.
– if you have provided data about yourself to a member of New San Cai and reside in the European Union (EU) you have the legal right to ask us not to process that personal data about you for marketing purposes and to revoke your consent at any time. To make such a request, please contact us.
– whether your account is up to date. You may review and edit the Personal Information that is stored in your user account on our website (e.g., your passwords and other contact information) by visiting the “Profile” area of your account on our website or by contacting New San Cai via the email address at the end of this policy. We will endeavor to respond to your request as soon as practicable. Before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. However, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
Information security and storage
New San Cai is a global company. We receive data collected locally by members of the New San Cai and collect data online directly from individuals in countries around the world. We may process that data on servers globally. We have put recognized protections in place for the transfer of data from members of the New San Cai in the EU to our servers in the United States (U.S.).
We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Please be aware, though, that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. You remain responsible for protecting your username and password and for the security of information you transmit to us over the Internet.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
– maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes.
– comply with record retention requirements under the law or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
– defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
– deal with any complaints regarding the services.
– preserve historical records of transactions and property.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes.
Our websites are directed to adults, including young adults. They are not directed to children, particularly under those under the age of 13. We do not accept them as clients or knowingly collect data about them.
Our websites may contain links to other websites not owned or controlled by New San Cai. Those websites may collect information about you. New San Cai is not responsible for their practices or content.
How to contact us
New San Cai
100 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 700,
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Additional information for EEA customers & visitors to New San Cai sites and apps
In order to meet privacy regulations in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, New San Cai provides additional information to its EEA based customers, website visitors, and users of its apps.
Who is responsible for your data?
If you transact in a New San Cai office based in the EEA or Switzerland, then the New San Cai entity running the auction will be the data controller for that data. The name and contact details for this entity will be set out in your consignment agreement, private sale agreement, invoice, or conditions of business for the auction.
If you visit newsancai.com, another New San Cai website or use a New San Cai app, then the data controller will be New San Cai, a U.S. entity, and this Policy contains our contact details.
What is the legal basis on which New San Cai relies to process your data?
On some occasions, New San Cai processes your data with your consent (e.g., when you agree that we may place cookies, or if you ask New San Cai to send you information about upcoming events).
On other occasions, New San Cai processes your data when we need to do this to fulfill a contract with you (e.g., for billing purposes) or where we are required to do this by law (e.g., where we have to fulfill anti-money laundering requirements). If it is mandatory for you to provide data for these purposes, we will make this clear at the time and will also explain what will happen if you do not provide the data (e.g., that we will not be able to process a bid at auction).
New San Cai also processes your data when it is our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
For example, New San Cai has a legitimate interest in ensuring the security and integrity of our auctions, in learning about the interests and preferences of our current and prospective clients, in developing new business opportunities, in maintaining accurate business and provenance records, and in ensuring that our websites and apps operate effectively. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
New San Cai may transfer personal data to countries outside the EEA, including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us.
You may ask New San Cai for a copy of your personal information, to correct it, erase it, restrict our use of it, or to transfer it to other organizations at your request subject to local law. You also have rights to object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details above. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. However, if you have unresolved concerns and believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities.
Changes to this Policy
You may request a copy of this Policy from us using the contact details set out above. We may modify or update this Policy from time to time.
If we change this Policy, we will notify you of the changes by updating this Policy on our website. Where changes to this Policy notice will have a fundamental impact on the nature of the processing or otherwise have a substantial impact on you, we will give you sufficient advance notice so that you have the opportunity to exercise your rights (e.g., to object to the processing if you are located in the EEA or Switzerland).
Effective May 25, 2018
Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, for instance by storing information about your preferences and allowing us to recognize you when you return to our site.
Our sites use the following types of cookies:
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the sites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the sites. Without these cookies, services like enabling appropriate content based your type of device cannot be provided.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use the sites, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and is only used to improve how the sites work.
These cookies allow the sites to remember choices you make (such as your language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the sites. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
These cookies are used to deliver advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations, such as advertisers.
Your choices about cookies
We require your consent for cookies to be placed on your device as you visit our sites. You have the right to decide whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our sites work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the sites.
If you do not want to allow cookies at all, or only want to allow use of certain cookies, please refer to your browser settings.
If you are in the European Union and would like to opt out of third party cookies relating to behavioural advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
In the United States, the Network Advertising Initiative offers a means to opt out of a number of advertising cookies. Please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices to learn more.
Valid from October 1 2018
(accordion menu titles – content for each heading is below)
• Who We Are
• Discounted Fees
• Regular Registration Fees
• Profile Page
• Submission Guidelines
• General Requirements
• Terms and Conditions of Attendance
• Liability Waiver
• Photographs and Video Material Taken at New San Cai Events
• Copyright Notice
• Email Disclaimer Notice
Who We Are
In 2007, New San Cai was established in California, operating online, print and social media platforms. Bridging societies and cultures through multiple networks and activities, New San Cai seeks to unite the world and people through insightful understanding and enlightening experiences.
The term San Cai, in Chinese means “three talents” or “three treasures,” and refers to heaven, Earth and mankind.
New San Cai, Suite 700, 100 Wiltshire Boulevard, Santa Monica CA 90401, USA. TIN: 13 4346569.
Terms and Conditions of Attendance
Competition events and the award ceremony is open to members of the public who meet the one of the following criteria:
1. All participants who have paid their entry fee for the competition
2. Sponsors and art donors
3. Family members of the participants
4. Artists and art school students
5. Volunteers, invited media and supporters.
Eligibility: Middle and high school students, art students and young artists from all countries:
• Middle Group: Between 17 to 21 years old
• Senior Group: Between 22 to 30 years old.
To enrol for the Talent Invitation, a participant has to register their profile on www.jointalents.com and follow the instructions to complete registration. You will be notified once accepted for the Talent Invitation. Registration will close if it reaches the seating limit, so we encourage you to register before December 10, 2018.
1. Participants should create a personal profile on the competition website www.jointalents.com before making an online submission. Participants must follow instructions on the profile page to finish registration. The registration fee must be paid in-full at the time of submission.
2. For countries with limited internet access, postal registration is acceptable. The registration form and mailing address can be accessed from www.proficiency.com/download
3. Early registration is highly recommended. Early registration qualifies for a discounted fee.
Feb 8, 2018 through to April 1, 2018.
Junior Group: $35/entry and $10 for each additional entry
Photography, Middle Group: $45/entry and $20 for each additional entry
Painting, Senior Group: $65/entry and $50 for each additional entry.
4. Regular Registration starts on April 2, 2018
Regular Registration Fees
Junior Group: $45/entry and $10 for each additional entry
Photography, Middle Group: $55/entry and $30 for each additional entry
Painting, Senior Group: $75/entry and $50 for each additional entry
Fees are waived for the most under-developed countries, and discounts are offered to other developing countries. Full details will be available soon.
Details of profile page and its instruction will be available in January 2019.
Participants can submit up to three entries and there should not be over three items per entry. Artists will pay the submission fee for each entry.
Artwork/videos/photos/films submitted to the competition must be original and created by the person submitting, and never been exhibited. Submitted artwork cannot be displayed at any venues prior to the New San Cai’s competition.
The submitted artwork should be legally authorized by its creator. The entrant will be held responsible for any rights violations, disputes, including for artwork, video footages, pictures, photos, portrait rights or intellectual property rights.
All artwork except for video should be submitted in jpeg format to the review committee through the artist’s profile page on the New San Cai website. The committee will notify the artists once the artworks have qualified for the panel evaluation, and only those entering the final contest will be required to send the actual piece by registered mail to the committee and live exhibition.
Selected artists, who are required to send their original works, are responsible for all arrangements such as the cost of shipping and for insuring the artwork while in transit. For physical mailing of artwork, please write on the reverse side the name and surname of the author, topic of the work, measurements, contact address, zip code, phone number, and email. Details of the post-competition artwork arrangement will be announced.
Delivery of the work to-and-from the exhibition is the sole responsibility of the artist. Framing or mounting of works, if required for exhibition, is also the responsibility of the artist and must be completed prior to delivery. Works not requiring framing or mounting must be suitably protected to avoid damage in transit, and clear instructions should be provided about how the work could be presented. For works that require special installation, organizers will consider contributing to the artist’s travel costs on an individual basis.
Click here to read the Artwork Guidelines
Entrants are to apply traditional techniques to depict their impressions of their country, society and culture. A refined and realistic painting technique with an insightful message is required. Due to the nature of the theme, and to best illustrate the realistic subjects and understandings of the world, we are currently not accepting abstract paintings. The semi-finalist will be notified on the artwork delivery and details on framing.
Submission format: Digitize the painting in high-resolution jpeg format.
Size: No greater than 2.4 megabytes each file
Chinese Brush Painting
Participants are to utilize essential techniques of traditional Chinese brush painting, and the painting should be performed on original Chinese painting paper and Chinese colors should be used. The semi-finalist will be notified on the artwork delivery and details on framing.
Submission format: Digitalize the painting in high-resolution jpeg format.
Size: No greater than 2.4 megabytes.
Lian Huan Hua/Pictorial Stories
The illustrations of Lian Huan Hua are to be drawn in any medium, including sketching, water-color or Chinese brush painting, etc. The style should be detailed and refined.
Illustrations depicting ancient stories and historical episodes in the narrative style are desirable. Digitally generated drawings and illustrations are not acceptable. Hand-drawing should not more than 10 per cent digitally altered. The semi-finalist will be notified about artwork delivery and details on framing.
Participants shall submit at least three items when entering the Lian Huan Hua competition.
Middle Group: No less than 15 pictures/story
Senior Group: No less than 30 pictures/story
Middle Group: No less than 50 pictures/story
Senior Group: No less than 80 pictures/story
Format: Digitalize the painting in high-resolution jpeg format
Size: No greater than 50cm per picture
1. Animation entries include, and are not limited to, narrative stories and historical events, character-based or experimental animations in series, etc.
2. Combination of computer-generated graphics, visual effects, or digital reproductions of drawn images are acceptable.
3. Each entrant shall submit their works along with a short synopsis of the animation.
4. A two-minute trailer is required for each animation.
5. Semi-finalists will be required to submit all relevant releases for creative assets not developed by the entrant (music, images, footages, etc.)
6. Finalists will be required to mail the high-resolution DVD to the competition headquarters. The submission form can be downloaded from the website.
7. Footage and images for each submission must be produced solely for this competition and must not have been shown previously in other venues.
Submission format: MPEG, VMedia
Trailer length: 5 minutes max
Semi-finalist format: AVI or MP4
Film Length: Minimum of 15 minutes and maximum of 120 minutes
Language: English or English subtitled
Documentation: Date, place, character and event description of the film
Technical information: Video-editing and graphic design software used
1. The entry must be in the digital video format and footage that is exclusively shot for this competition and must not have been shown previously at other venues.
2. Cultural heritage, social transformation and personal stories revealing cultural diversity and moral dignity are desirable topics.
3. A combination of computer-generated graphics, visual effects, or digital reproductions of drawn images are acceptable.
4. Each entrant shall submit their piece along with a short synopsis of the film.
5. A two-minute trailer is required for each film.
6. Semi-finalists will be required to submit all relevant releases for creative assets not developed by the entrant (music, images, footage, etc.)
7. The finalist will be required to mail the high-resolution DVD film to competition headquarters. The submission form can be downloaded from the website.
Submission format: MPEG, VMedia
Semi-finalist format: AVI, MP4
Trailer length: 5 minutes max
Film Length: Minimum of 15 minutes and maximum of 120 minutes
Language: English or English subtitled
Documentation: Date, place, character and event descriptions of the film
Technical information: Camcorder type and video editing software used.
1. Photographs can communicate all ideas of the chosen subject with a single or a series of pictures, with a maximum of 10 images per submission plus a slideshow in PDF format.
2. Images must be photographic in nature with only light digital manipulation (less than 10 per cent) is acceptable.
3. Each picture shall be submitted in jpeg format, whether they are high or low resolution files, onto the personal profile page.
4. Photographs entering the final contest will be printed and displayed for the live exhibition.
Max number: 10 images/entry
Max size: 10MB/photo
Documentation: Date, place and character description of the photos
Technical information: Type of camera and lens
Anyone attending the International Talent Competition in Lisbon, Portugal must not take part in any canvassing, leafleting, demonstrations, objectionable behavior or any activity, which may disrupt either exhibition.
New San Cai reserves the right to stop any activity on the part of any attendee that may interfere with, or cause annoyance to any activities. Organizers reserve the right to refuse an attendee’s participation in any events taking place on their stand.
New San Cai reserves the right to exclude or remove anyone from the International Talent Competition in Lisbon who does not comply with these terms and conditions or who they reasonably consider is likely to break these rules.
I agree and acknowledge that I am undertaking participation in New San Cai events and activities as my own free and intentional act and I am fully aware that possible physical injury might occur to me as a result of my participation in these events. I give this acknowledgement freely and knowingly and that I am, as a result, able to participate in New San Cai events and I do hereby assume responsibility for my own wellbeing and safety.
Photographs and Video Material Taken at New San Cai Events
New San Cai plans to take photographs and video material at New San Cai events and use them to promote future events, in direct mail and email marketing, newsletters, educational materials, social media, press releases and broadcasts over the internet, through our broadcast partners, or via other broadcast services. It will not be feasible to obtain express permission in relation to your inclusion in these materials. By participating in New San Cai events, you grant New San Cai the right to use your name, photograph and biography for such purposes. All photographs and video material become the property of New San Cai and may be displayed, distributed or used by New San Cai for any purpose.
i. I acknowledge New San Cai’s right to crop, splice, treat and edit any photographs or video material taken of me at New San Cai’s sole discretion. I waive my right to inspect or approve the finished product, now and in the future, whether that use is known or unknown to me;
ii. I hereby agree to release, defend, and hold harmless New San Cai and its agents or employees, including any firm publishing and/or distributing the finished product in whole or in part, from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs or video material, including but not limited to any misuse, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion, or in the taking, processing, reduction or production of the finished product, its publication or distribution.
CCTV and webcams are not used by our organisation, although our exhibition venues may use them.
Companies that submit artwork or upload or link any material (including but not limited to images, text, documents and/or video files) to the website are solely responsible for the content of such material and for gaining required permissions under copyright, trademark, trade secret or other applicable law for the use of such material. (Caution: many websites purchase artwork from stock photo suppliers for the expressed website use or from hired photographers who have only supplied one-time rights.) By submitting any such material, the submitting company represents and agrees that (i) it has obtained the necessary permissions referenced above, (ii) any such material is not likely to defame and does not invade the privacy of any person, and (iii) it will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the company, its affiliates and their respective directors, employees and agents (including , without limitation, its publishing partner or any agent acting on its behalf) from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from the submitting company’s breach of the obligations set forth in this paragraph.
Email Disclaimer Notice
Any New San Cai emails (and any attachments thereto) are confidential, and may be legally privileged, and are for the intended recipient(s) only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any New San Cai emails by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal offence. Please delete New San Cai emails if obtained in error and notify the sender. Any views expressed in New San Cai emails are those of the individual sender, not those of the company unless endorsed by the founder of New San Cai. Registered at Suite 700, 100 Wiltshire Boulevard, Santa Monica CA 90401, USA. TIN: 13 4346569.